Cleveland ARTCC is currently seeking applicants for the position of Events Coordinator.
- Reports to the DATM; ATM and VATUSA5 as necessary
- Maintain active online presence on the website, Discord, forums, email, and network
- Attends staff meetings as called by the ATM
- Plans, schedules, and executes at a minimum, one ZOB sponsor event each quarter.
- Promotes ZOB events via all communication methods available to ensure active participation.
- Develops and distributes marketing material (graphics, news posts, forum posts, etc) to promote events and the ARTCC.
- Coordinates with divisional and neighboring ARTCC’s for event support and planning purposes
- Acts as the primary liaison between virtual aviation organizations and the ARTCC
- Supervises events by having an online presence, or by assigning an appropriate Controller in Charge (CIC) for events
- Ensure events are appropriately staffed
- Any other duty assigned
- Must have at least a Senior Student (S3) rating. An S2 rating may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Must be an active member of the network in good standing
- Be a member of ZOB, or willing to transfer upon selection
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
Highly Desired Skills:
- Set an example as an active controller both during events and normal daily operations. The best leaders lead by example.
- Possess a high degree of commitment and motivation
- Possess experience and certification within the Cleveland ARTCC
- Have previous staff experience in a VATSIM ATC facility or virtual airline
Applications may be submitted to the Cleveland ARTCC Air Traffic Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include:
- Name, active email address, and CID
- Resume (including any applicable real world management experience)
- Short summary of plans and vision for the facility as related to the events program
Application deadline is November 30 2018 at 23:59Z.
What to Expect:
This is an entry-level position. The workload is light, with moderate peaks during ZOB event coordination. All applications will go through an initial evaluation. Candidates who pass the evaluation will be contacted for a comprehensive interview. All candidates will be notified if/when a selection is made.